First Baptist Church On The Square in LaGrange, GA, is prayerfully seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Pastor to lead our multigenerational church. The Senior Pastor will be responsible for leading and shepherding the church community, preaching Bible-based sermons, casting vision in fulfillment of the church’s mission, developing discipleship strategies and various ministries that foster spiritual growth and outreach.
- Equipping the Saints for Ministry
- Serve as the primary Bible-based teaching pastor for the church, delivering sermonsthat inspire, instruct, equip, and correct the FBC church body.
- Protect the doctrinal integrity of the church’s preaching, teaching, and community outreach.
- Cast a vision for fulfilling the church’s mission.
- Pastoral Leadership / Shepherding
- Set the example of ministry for the FBC membership.
- Lead the church members to care for one another.
- As the under-shepherd, love and care for the flock God has entrusted to him.
- Council members and refer for additional counseling as appropriate.
- Church / Organizational Leadership
- Lead the FBC ministerial staff to success in their respective ministry areas.
- Manage the performance of ministerial staff.
- Model servant leadership and submission for the entire church staff
- Financial stewardship–Lead the budget process to ensure God’s resources are spent wisely and with maximum impact.
- Proven ministerial leadership or pastoral experience at a comparable church Seminary degree from an institution whose teachings are consistent with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Demonstrated ability to shepherd and lead a church to reach the lost of our community, to equip believers, and to love one another.
- Experience in the innovative, missional growth of a church or ministry.
- Experience ministering to the spiritual and personal needs facing each of our generations and