The Pre-K Teacher is responsible for the supervision, operation, and maintenance of the Pre-K class. The Pre-K teacher is responsible for implementing curriculum that follows standards set by FBC CDC and Bright from the Start with direction from the CDC Director.
Even very young children can learn about God. Infants as young as four to six months old respond to happy times. By nine months, infants who have received loving care from parents and caregivers that talk to them regularly about God often begin associating God and Jesus with good feelings. Church becomes an attractive place where children want to go. The CDC supplies this environment by providing for the physical well-being of the children and laying the emotional and spiritual foundation for the remainder of their Christian education.
Training and Experience:
- Experience developing and managing a curriculum.
- Possess communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with children, parents, employees, and the church ministry staff.
- A minimum three years of experience working in a childcare environment.
- Possess an overall knowledge of children, especially the growth and development of children 0-4 years of age.
- Have a working knowledge of all applicable state requirements for the operation and management of a fully compliant and licensed daycare facility.
- Proficient in the use of contemporary administrative and communicative technologies
- Hold or obtain (within 1 year of the start date) a teaching certificate.
- A dedicated Christian who sees their job as a means of serving Christ and upholds a Christian Worldview in step with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- An active church member who is genuinely concerned about the total church program.
- Congenial, positive in outlook, and emotionally and spiritually mature.
- Dependable and have a love for children.
- Possess a congenial personality and ability to relate well to parents and to those whom they supervise.
Conditions of Employment:
- The Pre-K teacher is employed by the church through recommendation and approval by the CDC Director.
- The Assistant CDC Director serves under the supervision of the CDC Director.
- Dismissal will be through the CDC Director
- The Salary range is $35,000.00-$42,000.00 yearly.
- The Pre-K teacher works 40 hours a week for 11 months.
- Benefits include paid holidays, paid sick days, paid vacation days.
- The Pre-K teacher should give a two-week notice when resigning.
- Ability to lift 10-50 lbs.
- Ability to perform manual work that includes standing, sitting, walking, and bending