First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church on the Square
Supervisor: Family Pastor
To help First Baptist Church lead people into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ by shepherding the family and children’s ministries of First Baptist Church. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of FBC and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The Children’s Minister/Director will lead all components of the FBC children’s ministry.
The Minister/Director of Children will be responsible for the following:
- Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of First Baptist Church. The Children’s Minister/Director should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The Children’s Minister/Director models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The Children’s Minister/Director strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
- Participating in a First Baptist Church small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of First Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of income.
- Ministering within the theological framework of the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of First Baptist Church employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
- Work cooperatively and in partnership with church staff, committees, and members of FBC.
2. Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams: Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing a relational investment in children, parents, and ministry leaders who, in turn, influence other children and parents. The Children’s Minister/Director is responsible for creating an environment that attracts, develops and empowers the leaders providing ministry programming to all children by:
- Communicating a clear vision and defined ministry wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
- Overseeing safety and security systems for all children (e.g. background checks, safety and security procedures, etc.).
- Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, continuing
- education opportunities, etc.)
- Providing staff and volunteer teams with current children’s ministry best practices.
- Ensuring that the children’s ministry team answers questions and provides remarkable customer service to parents and children on a consistent basis.
- Providing regular evaluations, feedback, and systematic improvements for team members.
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new families and their kids are plugged in to First Baptist Church
- Developing, submitting, and managing budget forecasts and expenses for team leaders.
- Identifying, recruiting, and interviewing potential staff members.
- Providing intentional opportunities to show appreciation to volunteers and staff.
- Oversight and Execution of Weekly Programming: Design practical onramps and systems to help kids and families move from visiting to connecting and growing by:
- Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
- Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families during the week (visiting, coaching, discipleship, etc.).
- Providing opportunities for prospective leaders to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
- Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
- Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their child(ren) take their next steps toward Christ.
- Designing outreach efforts at First Baptist Church
- Oversight and Execution of Children’s Worship Environments: Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for students in grades K5 thru 5th:
- Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
- Serve as the primary teacher for weekly children’s worship gatherings.
- Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for worship experiences.
- Ensuring that ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new families with children.
- Producing videos, weekly scripts and lessons, printed promotions, verbal announcements, social media, web page information, marketing, etc. about the Children’s Ministry at First Baptist Church.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for children and families at First Baptist Church.
- Maintain full, purposeful, and balanced activity calendar: Responsible for planning and executing fun and meaningful events throughout the year for students in grades K5 thru 5th:
- Plan, organize, and execute yearly Vacation Bible School
- Events to connect with children who do not yet have a relationship with Jesus Christ or First Baptist Church
- Events to help believing children grow in their relationship with Jesus and in the process of becoming a disciple.
- Events that help children grow in their relationships with one another and with their adult leaders.
- Other events that serve the purpose of helping lead children and families into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Family Pastor
Salary and benefits will be determined by the Personnel Committee and budgeted for by the church. Vacation, sick, and conference leave will be provided according to the personnel policy of the church.
To apply email your resume with a cover letter and all social media links to email@example.com.