First Baptist Church
REPORTS TO: Administrative Pastor
OBJECTIVE: The Facilities Manager is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the buildings, related mechanical and non-mechanical systems and grounds. The Facilities Mangager is responsible for all maintenance of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building construction and remodeling, and grounds maintenance.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of routine maintenance and administrative support to ensure a safe and fully operational church campus including custodial care and event staff including in support of the numerous church functions and activities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of HVAC, energy management, electrical, plumbing, lighting systems, fire protection and fire suppression systems, drainage systems, security and alarm systems.
- Responsible for overseeing the preventive maintenance and repairs on the mechanical and electrical equipment of the church facility.
- Negotiates competitively-bid contracts for maintenance and repair services and manages and oversees all outside vendors/contractors engaged in repair, maintenance and operations of the physical plant.
- Monitors all church-owned buildings including related mechanical and non-mechanical systems to determine the need for repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for the routine maintenance and repair of church-owned vehicles, including annual inspection/registration, and for managing and administering the use of vehicles for church-approved use.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of campus grounds and exterior infrastructure systems including church-owned sidewalks and parking lots.
- Responsible for maintenance for commercial kitchen facilities, refrigeration units and appliances.
- Ensures minor architectural and operational repairs are completed in a timely manner and that the entire facility looks pristine and in like new condition.
- Manages building renovation/improvement and construction projects by providing project management support for all property upgrades, new construction projects, major remodeling projects, and equipment installation/upgrade projects.
- Coordinates and interfaces with the administrative pastor and the building committee in the planning and execution of building construction and improvement/renovation projects.
- Expected to be an active participant and ex officio member of the building committee.
- Conducts performance evaluations of staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate and current record keeping of all repair, maintenance and construction projects.
- Prepares and maintains department’s annual operations and capital budget, financial responsibility and accountability of all operations, maintenance and capital expenditures associated with facility enhancements within approved budgeted levels and by mutually agreed deadlines.
- Assures compliance with local, state and federal building codes and regulations related to building operations or modifications including OSHA, ADA, construction codes, fire protections, etc.
- Minimum 2 year technical or trade school diploma or degree, preferably in engineering or construction trades + 5 years’ experience in commercial construction or building maintenance; OR
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a property manager, facility manager or building engineer or similar experience in a related field.
- Possessing a general understanding of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, safety and fire prevention systems, custodial work, etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements
- A valid driver’s license is required. A state of GA commercial driver’s license is preferred.
Specific Skills Desired
- General knowledge of the equipment, tools and materials used in the maintenance of a commercial building, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, gas and fire protection systems.
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, sketches, layouts, schematics, specifications and other technical documentation and execute troubleshooting techniques in order to restore inoperable equipment and systems.
- Strong vendor and contract negotiation skills.
- Competent computer skills in project scheduling and management software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Possesses the following additional skills: personnel supervision, planning and organizational, problem solving, multi-tasking, time management, budgeting and financial management.
- Mature believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Servant leader with a welcoming heart and hospitable spirit.
- Motivated self-starter who empowers the team to accomplish all objectives.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with subordinates, peers, church members, and all staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to stooping, standing, and extensive walking, climbing stairs and ladders, working in confined spaces and above ceilings, and the ability to lift or carry loads up to 50 pounds.
- Available and on-call 24/7 for emergencies.