Website First Baptist Church
Reports To: Administrative Pastor
The Food Service Manager is responsible for the daily function and operation of our commercial kitchen for our church ministries and missions. We operate a daycare facility which must provide nourishing hot meals to the children daily. Furthermore, the church operates several missions and ministries requiring weekly meals, such as Meal on Wheels, Soup Kitchen, Wednesday night church suppers, and Celebrate Recovery. The ideal candidate will have five or more years experience in the food service industry. Management will be a plus. See the bottom for full qualifications.
- Order all food and supplies and maintain inventory of all stock.
- Prepare daily menus and meals for Child Development Center in coordination with the Child Development Center Director.
- Prepare menus and meals for church Wednesday night suppers.
- Prepare menus and meals for regular mission efforts: Meals on Wheels and Soup Kitchen every Tuesdays, Celebrate Recovery on Thursdays.
- Prepare menus and meals for scheduled church events as approved by the church office such as Merrymakers (3rd Thursdays), Men’s Luncheons (4th Thursdays), Deacons annual dinners, other luncheons, dinners, banquets, and special functions.
- Hire and train kitchen staff within the scope of church policies and procedures.
- Manage kitchen staff and volunteers to ensure that all meals are prepared properly with love and care through this ministry to others.
- Collaborate with church ministers to provide meals when needed for special church events and occasions such as camps, DiscipleNow, retreats, etc.
- Supervise kitchen staff to ensure that all meals are prepared to specification.
- Oversee and manage use of our commercial kitchen (in the Christian Family Life Center).
- Ensure that the kitchen is used only for church events and other approved events such as receptions, fellowships, parties, non-profit events according to church policies.
- Insure proper storage and handling of all foods and utensils.
- Prepare annual food service budgets and manage them within the scope of church policy.
- Attend weekly church staff meetings.
Submit purchase orders, statements, bills, etc., and required paperwork to the church finance office weekly according to church policy.
- Must be a Christ-follower and active in a local church.
- Five years’ experience culinary skills in planning, preparation, and serving nutritional meals.
- Experience managing a commercial kitchen and kitchen staff.
- Business experience managing budgets, paying invoices, submitting purchase orders.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft 365, Google, etc., helpful.