First Baptist Church
The Music Ministry Assistant reports to the Music and Worship Pastor.
Location: Church Music Office, 100 Broad St., LaGrange, GA 30240
To support and assist the Worship and Music Pastor and serve as an integral part of the Music Ministry, serving to help First Baptist Church on the Square fulfill its mission statement. It is a full-time position with some additional night and weekend hours as needed for seasonal events such as Easter and Christmas.
- Work with music ministry staff and volunteers who coordinate and lead special events, ensembles, children’s choirs, middle and high school choirs, the orchestra, handbell groups, and the School of Music
- Maintain a system of calendar notations for scheduled activities for the Music Ministry and appointments for the Worship and Music Pastor as requested
- Type and print orders of worship and programs for various events and services
- Create, input, and maintain music, word, and graphics files for projection use in worship services and other events
- Develop and maintain a computer database of personal information for music ministry participants
- Prepare purchase orders, order and receive materials and file invoices as appropriate to budget and financial guidelines
- Maintain the organization, orderliness and appearance of Music offices, choir room, regular practice areas, robe room and other storage areas
- Develop and maintain computer databases for various music library files relative to choral, instrumental, ensemble and other repertoire, reporting usage as required
- Develop and maintain music library for choral, ensemble and instrumental music; Prepare copies as needed
- Gather and organize music and other resources from choir room, choir area in sanctuary and orchestra room as needed
- Answer telephone, emails, texts, and other communications, taking and relaying messages as needed
- Attend weekly support staff meeting
- Perform other duties as requested
- Possess a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ, lived in obedience and having strong moral character.
- Be an active member of First Baptist Church or church with similar beliefs.
- Be in alignment with First Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Committed to the mission, strategies, and doctrinal statements of First Baptist, supporting the vision to make disciples.
- Exemplifies a lifestyle that demonstrates Christian character at work, at home, within the community, and online.
- Be a team player and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Presents a positive and caring interpersonal manner consistently as communicates with church members, visitors, and fellow staff members.
- Be a dependable, trustworthy, and enthusiastic worker.
- Possess organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Possess working knowledge of MS Office 365. Experience with databases, Microsoft Publisher, and ProPresenter are a plus.
- Must be familiar with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Must have basic knowledge of web and search engines and have ability to locate, purchase, and download music, videos, graphics, and other items as needed.
- Utilize positive, caring interpersonal relationship skills consistently in ministering and communicating with members and visitors of all ages
- Possess some musical background, including an ability to read music notation, and/or training in piano or other instrument(s) would be definite plus
- Possess superior telephone manner and communication skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task, an eye for detail, and a commitment to proofread for accuracy
- Must be able to stand, climb on steps, kneel and crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.