First Baptist Church
Come, Grow, Share
The NextGen Ministry Assistant reports to the NextGen Pastor
Location: Church Offices, 207 W. Haralson St., LaGrange, GA 30240
The Next Gen Assistant is the administrative arm and common touchpoint for each Next Gen team member from birth to college, helping achieve the ministry’s purpose in harmony with the doctrine, vision, and mission of First Baptist Church on the Square. The Next Gen Ministry’s purpose is to partner with parents to equip, encourage, inspire, and support families as the primary disciplemakers for the home.
- Enter data for first-time guests and families from Sunday and Wednesday programming into both Touchpoint and Constant Contact.
- Begin the follow-up process with sending welcome emails and texts to the parents of first-time visitors.
- Schedule all student ministry events on eSPACE facilities management software.
- Communicate weekly resources created by the Next Gen pastoral team to small group leaders via GroupMe.
- Compile all student ministry staff receipts weekly and submit purchase orders to the finance office.
- Attend weekly Next Generation Staff Meeting.
- Attend weekly support staff meeting.
- Assess weekly need for substitute small group leaders on Sunday and Wednesday and communicate with substitute teams via Group Me to fill needed spots.
- Assist student worship team with purchases needed.
- Design promotional material for student ministry events.
- Schedule approved drivers for student ministry events.
- Send weekly communication emails to parents.
- Follow-up with student ministry interns to ensure weekly tasks are complete.
- Process volunteer background checks for Next Generation Ministry
- Print all materials needed for Sunday and Wednesday programming.
- Keep Student Ministry Calendar and task checklists up to date on Trello.
- Create and monitor sign-ups and track payments for student ministry events.
- Perform any administrative tasks from the Next Generation pastoral team.
- Possess a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ, lived in obedience and having strong moral character.
- Be an active member of First Baptist Church or church with similar beliefs.
- Be in alignment with First Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Committed to the mission, strategies, and doctrinal statements of First Baptist, supporting the vision to make disciples.
- Exemplifies a lifestyle that demonstrates Christian character at work, at home, within the community, and online.
- Be a team player and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Presents a positive and caring interpersonal manner consistently as communicates with church members, visitors, and fellow staff members.
- Be a dependable, trustworthy, and enthusiastic worker.
- Possess organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Appreciate the collaborative model and team model of the Next Generation Ministry.
- Possess working knowledge of MS Office 365. Experience with Trello, Canva, Constant Contact, and GroupMe are a definite plus.
- Be a teachable and enthusiastic learner.
- Maintain flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Create boundaries and maintain time for family.
- Possess excellent leadership skills and have experience in the field of administration.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in a related field.
- Be a supporter and ambassador in the promotion of the Next Gen ministry of First Baptist Church on the Square.
- Be able to laugh and have fun!