First Baptist Church
Come, Grow, Share
Reports To: Administrative Pastor
Job Location: First Baptist Church Office, 207 W. Haralson St., LaGrange, GA, 30240
The Church Receptionist is the primary ambassador of the church to anyone who calls or visits. The Receptionist should meet and greet everyone with warmth, professionalism, and friendliness in addition to performing other routine office duties.
- Answer incoming phone calls and answer questions, take messages, or direct to appropriate person. Daily retrieve answering machine messages and direct.
- Greet persons, answer questions, or grant permission for them to enter the church office.
- Facilitate deliveries and pick-up of items to correct individuals.
- Go to the post office daily to take outgoing mail and bring incoming mail. Distribute mail.
- Process invoices and expenses related to the kitchen, making purchase orders and recording on spreadsheet.
- Using Food Service Manager food cost figures, calculate price per person and tally on invoices for Finance Department and Administrator for their process.
- Prepare printed menus for Wednesday Night Meals and save for other departments.
- Receive reservations for Wednesday Night, sending numbers to Kitchen and coordinator.
- Count all tickets sold for the Wednesday Night meal and give totals to Finance Office.
- Maintain mailing list for monthly Merrymaker Newsletter and send to bulk mail provider.
- Print monthly Merrymaker birthday list for newsletter designer and Merrymaker president.
- Receive Merrymaker Luncheon reservations and maintain reservation list. Make copies of list for Merrymaker meeting.
- Add new Merrymaker members to the church database, the Merrymaker newsletter, and senior Adult Leadership team.
- Report Merrymakers luncheon attendance to the Senior Adult Committee leadership.
- Dispense clothing vouchers for Yolanda Jabaley Clothing Center according to guidelines
- Assist with maintenance of library-ordering books, checking out books, thanking donors
- Maintain list of shut-ins for the Wednesday night cards, print, label, add postage, and mail post cards prepared for shut-ins.
- Order office supplies and items requested by other staff. Maintain standard supplies.
- Update addresses, phone numbers, email addresses in the church database as needed.
- Prepared weekly agenda for Ministerial Staff and Staff Support Meetings.
- Maintain approved Driver List and new driver forms for insurance company.
- Assist others with miscellaneous tasks when requested.
- Possess a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ, lived in obedience and having strong moral character.
- Be an active member of First Baptist Church or church with similar beliefs.
- Be in alignment with First Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and committed to the mission, strategies, and doctrinal statements of First Baptist, supporting the vision to make disciples.
- Exemplifies a lifestyle that demonstrates Christian character at work, at home, within the community, and online.
- Be a team player and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Presents a positive and caring interpersonal skills consistently as communicates with church members, visitors, and fellow staff members.
- Be dependable, trustworthy, and enthusiastic.
- Possess organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Possess working knowledge of MS Office 365. Experience with databases and Publisher are a plus.
- Possess superior telephone manner and communication skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task, an eye for detail, and a commitment to accuracy
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time